This article is provided to Charm City Wed courtesy of Jocelyn Howard at Burgess Insurance Agency.
Why Wedding Insurance?
As you spend countless hours and money securing the perfect dress, venue, menu, etc., your special day becomes more and more valuable. What happens if you get the flu on your wedding day?! Or your venue goes out of business mere days before you walk down the aisle? Or your winter wonderland wedding day becomes a blinding blizzard that will take days to shovel out of?! This is where wedding insurance comes in;
The Wedding Protector Plan covers:
- Dress – Coverage if your dress/tux gets damaged or lost
- Lost Deposits – Reimburse your deposit if a vendor goes out of business or simply doesn’t show
- Lost Ring – Go ahead let your dog be the ring bearer, we’ve got your back!
- Severe Weather
- Unavoidable Cancellation or Postponement of the Event
- Ruined Photos
- Call to Duty
- Sudden Illness
- Damaged Gifts
- Liquor Liability
- Venue Required Insurance
- And MORE….
How It Works
The policy requires a single payment that can be anywhere from $160-$1,025, depending on how much coverage you need. Our plan has a $0 deductible and can be purchased 2 years prior to event up to one day before (though, I wouldn’t recommend waiting until the last minute). The policy does not need to be purchased by the bride and groom, a grandmother, father, sister, friend can purchase this policy to protect their loved ones. Applications are quick and straight forward.
The Information You Need Before You Purchase
There are some important steps to take before you call
- Have the ceremony, reception, and rehearsal venues booked so we can make sure you have adequate coverage
- Decide if you are going to serve liquor
- An approximation of the number of guests
- An estimate of the price of your wedding dress/tux and rings
Is Any Policy Good Enough?
This is not a one-size-fits-all policy. Though, any policy is better than none. By calling an agent, they can figure out the best plan for you! This is a special type of insurance, so make shre the agent you are working with knows the ins and outs of wedding Insurance. Their service is free, you have enough to do, let someone else take care of the rest!
Who Can Get Coverage:
Any US citizen in any state can get coverage. Even if their wedding is overseas. Call Jocelyn and she can help you set up the proper plan for you.
Who to Call
Contact me at Burgess Insurance Agency with questions or to get a quote on your Wedding Protector Plan.
Burgess Insurance Agency || Jocelyn Howard || Call/Text 410-329-6800
|| Email firstname.lastname@example.org