December is right around the corner (tomorrow!), and with the cold weather comes the holiday season in full swing. We’ve got a few great ideas on how to spend some quality time this season with your sweetie! Baby, it’s cold outside…
Photo Credit: Love by Serena
- What’s more classic during the holiday season than a production of The Nutcracker? This ballet with score by Tchaikovsky is one of the most popular and recognizable productions in the world. There are many productions going on around Baltimore to choose from, but a great recommendation is Baltimore Ballet’s production, playing Dec. 8th and 9th at Goucher College’s Kraushaar Auditorium. Adults $30.00, Children $15.00. Students from the school put on a beautiful performance of professional quality, and is not to be missed!
- We’ve got another great holiday performance suggestion: Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s Holiday POPs Celebration! This upbeat celebration features holiday favorites performed by the BSO, Baltimore Choral Arts Society, and other guest vocalists. And yes- there will be sing-a-longs! This production runs from Dec. 12th – 16th; tickets $17.50 – $80.00.
- Looking for a great place to get handmade goods for loved ones this holiday season? Stop by MICA’s Art Market, running December 5th – 8th from 10:00am – 6:00pm. As per their site, “One-of-a-kind gifts include jewelry, illustrations, paintings, prints, posters, sculptures, mosaics, stationary, T-shirts, ceramics, book arts, toys and wrapping paper. A portion of the proceeds goes to scholarships for MICA students!”
- There’s a holiday tradition in Baltimore that can’t be beat… and not just because it’s free, but because it is a amazing sight to behold. We are talking about the 34th Street Lights in Hampden, and they continue as strong as ever this year, their 65th year! It is truly a treat to see for everyone, young and old.
- What’s the holiday season without a nice cup of coffee or hot chocolate to warm up with? A great place, also in Hampden, is Common Ground Coffee House! Their cozy atmosphere and famous muffins are the perfect place to stop and get a hot treat.
Happy December, Lovebirds!
Thanks for this post! I’m still pretty new to the area and love learning of new ways to enjoy the city. Plus I still need to get gifts. Art Market here I come! :)