We’re excited to bring you all another vacation destination feature, and today we bring you to Paris courtesy of Abby Grace Photography! Abby and her husband Matt recently traveled to Europe and have graciously shared some of their photos from their favorite location.
A little more from Abby: “To try and describe Paris… it’s impossible. It was more than I ever could have dreamed, and as an artist, wandering the streets, I felt like my heart would burst with inspiration. The sheer volume of historical buildings, the number of exquisite churches, the beauty of something as simple as an apartment building lined with flower boxes bursting with color, it was stunning.
We didn’t do too much “touristy” site-seeing; sure, we walked to the Eiffel Tower and admired the view, our hotel was 15 minutes from Notre Dame so we saw that every day, but while in Paris, my main goal was to EXPERIENCE the culture.
- The Latin Quarter- it’s so full of life at night! We had dinner there twice.
- Perusing the street vendors’ goods along the Seine- I picked up the most beautiful painting I’ve ever seen for 75 Euro.
- Eglise Saint-Sulpice- this church is only a couple of blocks from Notre Dame and is STUNNING. Notre Dame had really long lines so we never ended up going in to tour it, but Saint-Sulpice was open without the slightest hint of a line. Once inside, the light coming through the windows in the ceiling took my breath away.
- The shop windows! Really, just walk around Paris- you’ll see some of the prettiest window displays you’ve ever laid eyes on. Macarons, fruit, clothing, jewelry, men’s shaving kits, everything.
- Pont des Arts- this is what’s known as the “love locks bridge”- lovers come and hook a padlock onto the bridge, then toss the key into the Seine below. Make sure, while you’re in paris, to have a steamed milk at a cafe and to purchase crêpes with Nutella from a street vendor.