It seems as though winter has finally arrived! And with the colder weather, we have another edition of LoveBirds with things to do with your sweetheart in the month ahead. Read on!
- A great way to start the month… watching our Baltimore Ravens win the Superbowl! (Because we KNOW they will!) Need a great place to celebrate the game? Head down to Edgewater to the Chesapeake Cigar & Tobacco Company for their Super Bowl Party & Chili Cook-Off. Sounds like a delicious way to watch our boys win!
- Are you a sushi lover? Well I definitely am, and one of my favorite places to go is Yamato Sushi in Lutherville. This jewel of a restaurant is located in a shopping plaza, the last place you’d expect to find great sushi, but it is a must-visit! My recommendation: the Hula Roll. Trust me.
- Who can forget Valentine’s is coming up soon? There are so many options of ways to celebrate your love, and a great recommendation is the Love Is In The Art event at the Walters Art Museum. This special edition of their Constellation Thursday Nights series will feature live music, cash bar by Rye Fells Point, “a short but sweet romance-inspired love tour”, free hors d’oeuvres and chocolate treats, and best of all: free admission.
- We’ve finally gotten our first significant snowfall here in Baltimore, and hopefully we’ll get a bit more… that is, enough to get out and sled in! When that snowfall does come, we’ve got a few great places to hit the slopes:
- Patterson Park – One of the city’s largest parks, Patterson Park boasts multiple hills / areas where sledders can enjoy an exhilirating ride down a hill.
- Oregon Ridge Park – located in Cockeysville, this multi-purpose park and nature center feature a fantastic sledding area that used to be a skiing slope in the 1960’s.
- Loch Raven High School – located in Parkville, we’ve heard great things about the hills at this county high school. Disclaimer: This is not a public park, so please observe the rules when on a school property.
Happy February, LoveBirds!