Decorating Your Wedding with Potted Plants: The Entry
Potted plants may not be the first detail you think of when planning your wedding, but their versatility and availability make them a worthy consideration. As high-impact organic element, potted plants are an affordable alternative to more labor-intensive floral installations and can be enjoyed for years to come in your home or landscape. Whatever your aesthetic, there is sure to be a potted choice that suits your needs!
- Potted ferns can be both traditional or boho depending on how they are incorporated.
- Cactus and succulents are trendy and modern.
- Classic plants like boxwood, olive and herbs offer a time-honored quality.
Here are a few of our favorite lined entryways.
- Give your guests a botanical welcome. Potted Hydrangeas are simply stunning lining this drive. After the wedding they can be planted in your garden and enjoyed year after year. Hydrangeas come in a variety of sizes and colors and bloom ALL SUMMER!
2. For the more vintage minimal look, line your aisle with small potted herbs to give you a subtle and muted look.
3. For the boho fan, this variety of assorted plants is wild and adventurous. Framing the entrance of your venue with an assortment of potted plants makes an eye-catching first impression. Using a variety of texture and varying height gives a layered look.
4. Potted, manicured shrubs paired with a welcome sign is a sweet way to receive guests, on your special day. This look is both formal and fun.
5. Any blooming trees from the Roses (below) to Hibiscus or Hydrangea make for a beautiful and romantic greeting.
We hope this gives you some ideas on how to use a variety of potted plants to give you a unique and finished look to your wedding.
Next week, we have ideas for incorporating potted plants down the aisle and at the altar.
Image 1 (cotedetexasblogspot.com), Image 2 (greenweddingshes.com), Image 3 (Sposto Photography), Image 4 (jenniferpoyntnerflowers.co.uk), Image 5 (weddingpartyapp.com)