“Summer lovin, happened so fast…” or rather the summer is flying by so fast! We can’t believe it is almost August already. But even so, there is so much to do around Baltimore with your sweetie-pie this coming month!
- The Grand Prix of Baltimore is zooming into downtown again on August 31st, and this exciting event is a treat even for non-racing fans. 1 person tickets range from $15-$185, with options of 1-day or 3-day packages available. Many who attended last year said it was a sight not to be missed… when else can you see race cars speeding through downtown at 100+ mph?!
- Love ferris wheels, funnel cakes, and carnival games? Then you shouldn’t miss the always popular Maryland State Fair, rolling into the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium from August 24th-September 3rd.
- Power Plant Live has been revamped the past few years, and there are so many restaurants, bars, and venues to see we couldn’t possibly list them all in one post. A great event to attend this month there is the Kettle Hill Clambake, happening every Friday night in August starting at 5pm. For $30/pp, you can enjoy clams, shrimp, mussels, potatoes, corn, sangria, and beer.
- Are you an animal lover? Haven’t visited the zoo since you were little? Now is a great time to take advantage of the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore‘s extended hours on Thursday nights! Every Thursday from 4pm-7pm admission to the zoo is 50% off normal ticket prices. (My favorite: the polar bears!)
- Love going to the movies, but don’t love paying the (extremely over-priced) ticket prices? If you and your sweetie don’t mind waiting a few months after the movie has been released, you should definitely check out the Beltway Movies 6 movie theater in Parkville! Adults pay just $4 each… you can’t get a deal like that anywhere else! It’s also located next to a Rita’s… just saying. (Note: this theater accepts CASH ONLY, so be prepared.)
- Sometimes the little things speak louder than the big things ever could. A great way to show your love this month: a card. Whether a paper card or an e-card, giving an unexpected card to your loved one is just the thing to make their day. (My husband knows the way to my heart is a card with puppies on it.:)
Happy August, Lovebirds!